Active holidays in Las Terrenas, Samana
There are plenty of outdoor activities and excursions to suit everyone’s needs: from scuba-diving, hiking or horse trips through the mountains to going Humpback Whale watching in Samaná bay. Just ask the staff for information on or to arrange this for you. For instance:
- Hiking, we provide you with a route description and GPS co-ordinates or with a guide if you prefer.
- Horse back riding, there are many nice tracks inland and along the beach to go along
- Scuba diving, Las Terrenas has a diving centre. They can give you all training and courses you need but also bring you to the nicest places. The coral reefs are just out here
- Kite surfing. The ocean breeze in combination with the reefs and the surf give you perfect conditions. You can bring your own gear or rent it here.
- National park Los Haitises. A boat trip from Samana or Sanchez brings you to the other side of the bay of Samana into the national park. An amazing landscape, hundreds of birds and old caves are there to be admired.
- Waterfalls of El Limon. Just 15 kilometres away and in a fabulous landscape you will find these waterfalls. Rent a horse to get there or make the 45 minutes trip on your own feet.
- Excursion to Santo Domingo. In about two hours you will be in the heart of the Zona Colonial in Santo Domingo. An amazing place with lots of culture and history.
- Whale watching. Between January and the end of March hundreds of humpback whales come into the bay of Samana to mate or have their calves born. See how impressive the males are if they are jumping out of the water or the mothers swimming with their calves.